How to make cold brew coffee at home like Starbucks
What is cold brew coffee? Cold Brew coffee is a type of iced coffee that has been steeped in cold water for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours. The brewed grounds are filtered out and the filter paper can be reused. This method creates a smoother, less acidic taste than hot brewing methods such as French Press or drip coffee. With so many people looking for ways to cut back on their sugar intake, this may just be the drink you're looking for!
Many have tried to make Cold brew coffee at home like Starbucks, But failed to make an exact recreation of their favourite beverage. The not so secret, secret is Starbucks brew their coffee for 20 hours "Source"
It's simple enough for a beginner to make! You'll be sipping on this delicious drink all day long in just 5 minutes of prep time and 20 hours of waiting time! This recipe will teach you how to make everything from scratch so you can enjoy one of these delectable drinks in the comfort of your own home. For this recipe, you'll need a coffee grinder, Funnel + Filter paper and two 1 litre containers.
Cold brew coffee ingredients
- 80g Whole coffee beans - Starbucks Columbia (Medium roasted) whole coffee beans.
- 1 Litre of filtered water
How to make cold brew coffee
- Coarsely grind your coffee beans until the size of Sugar Granules.
- Fill your Mason jar / Pitcher / Container with 1 Litre of Filtered water
- Add your 80g Of ground coffee to the container stirring whilst pouring the coffee in to the container - Basically just make sure all the coffee gets wet.
- Leave to steep for 20 Hours. - Set a timer on your phone. Plan your time eg: Start at 21:00 so it will be ready for 17:00 the next day.
- Put your Filter paper in Sieve into the second container.
- Start to pour the first container in to the second - Filtering out all of the Coarsely ground coffee from the liquid. The bigger the sieve the better!
Complete. You should now have 1 Litre of your own, Home made Cold brew coffee! When refrigerated it will last for up to 7 days. Serve with Milk, Cream, Ice, Ice Cream, Maybe even some whipped cream?
Benefits of making your own cold brew coffee
• You can keep in your fridge for up to two weeks
• No chemicals or additives
• Drink cold brew when you want, not just when it's hot out
• Save time and effort with this easy process